Wednesday 25 March 2015

Summer Job




My summer vacations have begun
I decided to earn money for fun
Baby-sitting was what I had in mind
For I've been known as 'cheerful' and 'kind'!

I offered to babysit for my neighbour
Who have a child anything but sober
My babysitting began the next day
And forgetting my work, I texted all day!

Then I turned to look for Bob
And it dawned to me -
I GOOFED UP on my first job!

I went out and searched and searched
Yelling and scaring the birds that were perched
Face glistening and heart thumping and torn
I reached home and knew the family would mourn !
Will I go to jail ?
Will my parents even bother to get me a bail ?

Horrible images flooded my mind !
I caressed the cradle that had held Bob
And it was then did I feel a lump and heard a soft snore!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment